Saturday, June 16, 2012

Update June 10

Greetings from Mexico on a cool, rainy afternoon.

"The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer." Psalm 6.9

How wonderful to know that we can pray to Almighty God, our heavenly Father and be assured of His ear and answer.

I received a letter from Raul this week. He is one of the prisoners we are ministering to through the radio program and literature that we send, including correspondence Bible courses.

Raul says it is not easy, being in prison, and the limitations that the prison directors impose. Nevertheless he says they are praying for people, and God is answering.

In fact, he said they are praying for other prisoners, lawyers, guards and visitors to the prison!

And Raul says that just a few months ago there were 90 believers in the prison; now there are over 200! And he sent me five names of women prisoners who want to study the Bible course with us. Please pray for more liberty to share the Gospel in the Tepic prison, and for the mail personnel to let the Gospel literature get to the inmates.

We had 4 people pray for salvation last week. And a baby dedication. Yes, another one. Lots of babies these days. Must be something in the water!

Linda is going to accompany me tomorrow to two of our churches and then we have a story telling class afterward before coming home. Please pray for her strength.

Your prayers are SO needed, and so helpful. Thank you for praying for us and the work here.

Oh. I got another letter (snail mail type) this past week about a friend not receiving these updates. I wish I could send an email to anyone who has stopped getting them, to tell them to let me know. Seems these programs do their own configurations at times. I send this out every Saturday. If you ever stop getting it and want to keep getting it, please send me an email and let me know!

Have a wonderful day in Father's House where you are tomorrow.

In Him,
Roger & Linda


No comments: