Thursday, February 16, 2012

Update January 8

Greetings of Joy and Peace from Mexico.

"Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you." Psa 37.5 (NLT)

Tomorrow Linda and I will be ministering at the Tabachines Center here in Guadalajara. Juan Acosta and his wife Gloria are celebrating 25 years as pastors of that congregation. I will write more about Tabachines in future episodes of "Our Story". It is always a joy to be with Juan and Gloria. She is Linda's "right hand man" in the Titus 2 ministry, and we first met Juan when, as a 15 year old kid he delivered a drug prescription to our house in 1974.

The Tabachines work was very small and in a sparsely populated area of the city. I needed a pastor replacement, "right now." I talked to Juan about it. He was on the pastoral staff at Angulo at that time, and rather comfortable. Neither he nor Gloria was open to the offer. I said, "Juan, help me for a year there. If at the end of the year you don't want to stay, at least I will have time to find another man for the people. Finally, he agreed. That was 25 years ago. Now you couldn't drag them away from Tabachines! They’ve done a good job there!

I was looking at the reports for December 2011. Fifty two people prayed for salvation during the month. PTL. Still, so many lost without Him! Please pray with that 2012 will be the greatest year for winning people and making disciples we have ever had.

Linda is better. We went shopping this past week! She’s going with me to Tabachines. Couldn't do those things not long ago. Thanks for your prayers for her!

Have a wonderful day at church tomorrow...we are part of a really great Family. Let's enjoy fellowship with one another.

In Him,
Roger & Linda

No comments: